The Church is a ‘B’ listed building designed by Mr T. S. Robertson, architect, Dundee, which was constructed at an approximate cost of £5,000.

1879 13th November St Margaret’s Chapel of Ease opened.
1879 16th NovemberFirst Sunday worship on, coincidently, St Margaret’s Day.
1886 The Church status was raised to a Parish Church with Kirk Session
1903 June Small Hall opened. Money for this was raised by the congregation.
1903 December Dedication Service on completion of the upper part of the Tower.
1906The marble Baptismal Font was donated by the Sunday School.
1920 War Memorial to the Great War dedicated in the sanctuary.
1956 April Dedication Service for the new pulpit and the extension to the Chancel.
1965 New manse built.
1968/69 Purchase of the cottage at 14 George Street, at the rear of the Church, to provide additional hall facilities.
1974 Dedication of central stained-glass window on the Chancel. Artist Mr Gordon Webster, Glasgow. The theme of the window is the risen, victorious Christ as in the vision of St John.
1980Dedication of four stained-glass windows depicting St. Margaret, St. Andrew, St. Ninian and St. Vigean. Artist – Mr J Blyth, Markinch, Fife. The artist’s logo, a bumble bee is featured in one of the windows.
1987Dedication of four stained-glass windows depicting the main traditional industries of the area – weaving, fishing, farming and tourism. Artist – Mr J Blyth, Markinch, Fife.
1990 June Formation of new congregation of Arbroath West Kirk as a result of the union between St. Margaret’s and Ladyloan St. Columba’s.
1990 AugustThe two outside stained-glass windows on the chancel were transferred from Ladyloan St Columba’s.
1990 October Stained-glass windows in both transepts were also transferred from Ladyloan St. Columba’s.
1992 AugustDedication of the new hall extension. The Large Hall complex, designed to connect the Church to the cottage building in George Street, also included a new kitchen and toilet accommodation with the facilities for the disabled and a new layout for the cottage.
1995The church received the inaugural Rod McFarlane Award for the improved access provided for the disabled.
1999/2000 Millenium projects – Time Capsule buried under the chancel and exterior floodlighting installed (partly funded by the Church Floodlighting Trust).
2003Rewiring of the Sanctuary and installation of new lighting.
2004Pipe Organ, built by Joseph Binns – major restoration work.
2006 Rev. A.G. Graham was presented with new robes in acknowledgement of his 25 years of ministry.
2007Arbroath West Kirk online – official website first set up.
2010 ‘Arbroath West Kirk A Short History’- an illustrated booklet published by William F Clark, Session Clerk.
2011 ‘Year of the Light’ Parish Visitation.
2013Start of the ‘Together towards tomorrow’ Stewardship programme.
2014Website redesign.
2014Start of major stonework restoration project.
2016Joined the primary school introduction to Christian Festivals Programme with Arbroath St Andrews Church.
2019Union with Arbroath Knox’s Church.
2019 On-site Church office and new website established.